If you are a short and skinny guy you’ve probably often faced some frustration when dressing up. Simply put, most suits and ties do not necessarily flatter your physiques. You have to be carefully deciding which fitted shirts, ties, and sports jackets will best help pull off that dapper style you’re shooting for. Many small statured guys face that dilemma as well, therefore we figured some of these tips bellow should definitely help out.
- The one button jacket is your friend – A one button jacket allows for a larger “V” shape along the lapels. This in turn lengthens your torso and overall physique.
- Shorter jackets lengthen the legs – A short jacket ending just at the bottom of the seat lengthens the leg line visually. This in turn creates the illusion of being tall.
- The peak lapel – a peak lapel draws attention upward towards the wearer’s chest and shoulders, creating a broader perspective. Be sure to stick to thinner lapels if you have a small frame).
- Show some shirt cuff – You can have your jacket sleeves cut to show a bit of your shirt cuff. Anywhere from a half inch to an inch is ideal. Add a stylish set of cufflinks from our collection to properly accessorize. See our full collection of cufflinks here.
- Lastly and most importantly, is the tie. A tie can make or break a short, skinny guy’s look. With so many styles available it can be difficult to choose the appropriate one. Here the skinny or slim tie will pull off your look best. If you’re thin and wearing a slim-fit shirt, a skinny or slim tie will accent your appearance. The thinness of the tie will promote a slender and taller perspective without sacrificing broadness in the shoulders and chest. For example take a look at the slimming Gucci, wool and silk blend, 2.75 inch slim tie or the Duchamp silk knit skinny tie.
Now the question is, where could skinny guys go to find skinny ties? Why not FreshNeck? Styles come and go so why spend hundreds on ties that will soon be out of style. Rent any tie you like and return it when you’re done only at FreshNeck.com. Our plans start at $20/month with unlimited free exchanges. Just think of us as the Netflix for ties.